Become a member
Benefit from our welding expertise!
Research and Innovation
First-hand information on:
- detailed information on projects or promising welding techniques
- free acces to the online technical database of the IIW (International Insitute of Welding)
Corrosion and failure analysis, Materials and Weld testing
Discount of 10% on rates for expertise and testing
Technologic welding consultancy, Standards
Free advise and use of nal-ans.be
- Small Enterprise (< 50 FTE): 4 hours
- Medium-sized Enterprise (50 < 250 FTE): 6 hours
- Large Enterprise (≥ 250 FTE): 8 hours
- Educational Institutions: 2 hours
- Reduction on BWI training courses, seminars and workshops
- Reduction on specific BIL items in the Infotheek/Infothèque (Dutch/French)
- Free subscription to the specialist journal METALLERIE (Dutch/French)
- Preferential tariff to the specialist journal LASTECHNIEK (Dutch)
BIL Soldamatic: state-of-the-art augmented training for welding (Dutch/French)
BIL Welding cobot: a small, flexible, compact, simple welding robot (Dutch/French)
Membership fee from 01/01/2023
Your yearly membership fee depends upon the size of your company (number of FTE) and is assigned per unique VAT number. This benefits package is valid from the day of request and remains valid for one (1) year. An invoice will be sent upon registration if applicable.
SIRRIS members need to register at first without having to pay an additional fee.
Definition conform European Classification, prices exclusive of 21% VAT
- Small Enterprises (< 50 FTE): € 599,00
- Medium-sized Enterprises (50 < 250 FTE): € 1.197,00
- Large Enterprises (≥ 250 FTE): € 1.795,00
- Educational Institutions: € 180,00
How register for membership?
Become a BWI member by filling out this webform
Companies having an active SIRRIS membership only need to fill out the form once. From that moment, the BWI membership shall be tacitly renewed on a yearly basis (subject to validation of the SIRRIS membership).
The Belgian Welding Institute (BWI) is your partner in all possible problems related to your (welded) application, from design, during production and in service, up to after damage has occured.
Next to the financial benefits, members of the BWI will enjoy priority access to new welding or materials weldability information, be it on projects, techniques, courses, seminars or other.